Last week, I noticed that my Amazon Kindle was not updating even when I had a good wireless connection. I tried searching the Amazon support site but I couldn’t find a solution. The Amazon Kindle support site is very lacking right now. Here’s what I did to eventually fix the problem.
Restart the Kindle:
- Go to the home screen on the Kindle by pressing the home button.
- Click on Menu, and then Settings.
- On the Settings page, click on Menu and then select Restart.
- After the Kindle restarts, go back to the Home screen and click Menu.
- Click on Check for New Items.
- This seemed to do it for me. About 5 minutes later, the latest issue of the Wall Street Journal was on my Kindle.
This problem seemed to happen when I had my Kindle in sleep mode for a few days.